Friday, March 28, 2008

Gladiator Paco

So you know when your dog gets really excited and kind of holds their ears in a really weird way? Okay, maybe your dog doesn't, but I know plenty of dogs who get really excited and then their ears do weird contortion things, shoot backwards, stand straight up, etc.

So night before last I let a friend crash in my room while I spent the night, um, elsewhere. I figured it was cool since I had drugged the dog at 9 and all my roommate had to do was provide one late night potty break.

So the next morning I return (friend still soundly sleeping in the bed) and Paco is so excited it was like I'd been gone a month. Limited in his expressions, I can tell the level of excitement as both of his ears are doing that weird contortion thing. Normally his ears shoot backwards at a weird angle but the cone is shooting them forward and I realize, "Hey, this is what Paco would look like with cropped ears."

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is I think what they call a "Gladiator Cut".

2 comments:

Unknown said...

pacous maximus

Home2K9 Pack Leader said...

Thank goodness this is just a "glimpse" however and that Paco never had to go through that horrible experience of permanent alteration. I like his silly ears, but I like his natural ears better. Lookin good Paco!