Monday, March 17, 2008

Paco goes under the knife

So today Paco got dropped off at the vet. On the way, I let him do his favorite thing in the world. . . ride on my lap.


I know, I know. Super unsafe, that's why he's not allowed to do it, but it's a leftover love of his from puppy-dom and I just couldn't say "no" today.

He *loves* going to the vet because he's convinced everyone behind the counter has a treat for him. Normally this is true, but not this morning since he had to fast for surgery. Still, he couldn't help trying. . .


It's like he's saying, "Hey there, big leprechaun, forget the gold, do you have a pot of chicken for me?"

He will be going into surgery soon. They'll call when he's out. It's a really nerve-wracking day.

2 comments:

Annette said...

Everyone here is keeping both you and Paco in our thoughts. Paco WILL be all right. I do know what you mean about nerve-wracking though. Anytime one of my animals has to be under anesthesia for anything, even the most quick, routine thing I can't sleep the night before and am just a bundle of nerves all day.
Please keep us posted on how you both are doing.

Annette

(xoxo to Paco)

Home2K9 Pack Leader said...

Good luck Paco!!! We're rooting for you too. Hurry back and show off your new and improved appendages!

The Thompsen Tribe of Whidbey Island, WA