Monday, March 17, 2008

Sad Sack

Seriously, what else would you call this?



So the surgery went well and without complication. The surgeon called late this afternoon to report everything went smoothly and Paco was coming out of the anesthesia well. I almost cried I was so relieved.

I dropped by this evening to drop off his dinner (boneless, skinless raw chicken. . . yum!) and chatted with the staff about his progress. They reported he was really groggy and had a hard time settling but he was finally asleep. Since he needed to rest, I couldn't visit him but I talked the staff at Berkeley Dog and Cat into sneaking off a picture, result being the sad sack you see here.

I don't know what's stranger: the bones on the bandages or the fact that Paco looks like he's not wearing any pants.

They'll wake him at midnight to see if he'll eat. Tomorrow will determine whether or not he gets to come home or if he needs to stay another night for observation. I'm hoping for progress 'cause we want our boy home!

No comments: